MINE RESISTANT AMBUSH PROTECTED VEHICLES
IMPROVISED ARMOURED COMBAT VEHICLES
Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles(MRAPs)
- Manufacturer : Cumins engine company Ltd.
- Model : ISLe 375
- Emission certification : EURO 3
- Aspiration : Turbocharged @ aftercooled
- Number of cylinders : 6 in line
- Bore / Stroke : 114 / 145 mm
- Displacement : 8,850 cm³
- Rated Power : kW (400hp) at 2,100 rpm
- Maximum torque : 1,550 Nm (1,143 lbft) at 1,200 rpm (1,483 lbft)
- Idle speed : 600 – 800 rpm
- Min. unaided cold start temperature : -12°C
- Required oil quality : PAI Cg4, Ch4, SAE 15W/40
- Required fuel quality : Diesel fuel ASTM N 2D
The ARA or THUNDER is a 17ton Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle designed to provide ultimate protection for high degree threats. Combining an array of latest technology the ARA is a mission adaptive vehicle that provides superior crew protection and offensive ability.
The ARA is integrated with a fully independent suspension system. The independent suspension provides controlled and superior mobility for off-road conditions.
The ARA’s traction and small turning circle gives it superior maneuverability through narrow roads. This capability combined with a powerful 400HP Cumins engine with Allison transmission provides the ARA MRAP the ability to deal with extremely rough terrain effortlessly.
The ARA’s Protection capability comes with full spectrum hybrid armour systems. As standard, the vehicle armour protection systems is independently tested for STANAG levels and above, and is designed to be fully up-gradable. The ARA can be equipped with slat armours and iron curtains to protect against RPGs.
The ARA can be fitted with unique hybrid passive and reactive armours for effective defence against IEDs,
EFPs and shape charge warheads
Driveline shafts and differentials from transmission to the wheels and other components are covered and protected inside the backbone tube of the chassis. Front axle engage-able, side differential locks of both axles, engagement at stand still vehicle, without load. Wheel hub reductions.
Improvised Combat Vehicle(Buffalo)
- V8 Turbo diesel 4.5L
- 202 HP Engine
- Seating Capacity: 2+3+4
- Protection Level: B6+
- Ballistic Resistant Glass
- Heavy duty upgraded suspension and brake
- Dual Evaporator
- 360 degree rotating turret
- Heavy duty steel rims
- Off road tyres
- Public Address System with strobe light
- Six (6) Gun-ports